1. Why should I use UB Services?
With over 20 years’ experience, UB Services is a successful company with considerable experience within the UK utilities industry. We are a family run businesses, who believe in providing top quality customer service and value for money.
You can find out more about who we are and what we do.
2. How can I find out when my contract ends?
Contact us or call one of our helpful staff members on 0161 998 7138. They will be able to provide you with more information or guide you through the process.
3. Can you save me money?
We are confident of saving everyone money because of the relationships we have with our suppliers. Also, because of the large volume of customers we have helped, we have been able to create an ‘energy club’ for them. This allows us to use our buying power to secure our customers with the best (lower than market) rates.
If you would like to find out how much you can save, Contact us or call one of our helpful staff members on 0161 998 7138.
4. I need a new meter. What can you do to help?
A member of our team will manage the process and install your meter from start to finish.
Contact us or call one of our helpful staff members on 0161 998 7138.
5. I need my supplies upgrading. How do I do this?
Contact us or call one of our helpful staff members on 0161 998 7138. We can assist you from start to finish.
6. I have a billing problem. What can you do to help?
Resolving billing problems is part of the service we provide. Contact us or call one of our helpful staff members on 0161 998 7138. We will be able to help resolve the issue.
7. My previous supplier is preventing me from switching. What can I do?
In some cases, the old supplier will not accept you are switching to a new supplier for a better deal and will request a land registry certificate for the property or a tenancy agreement. You will not need to worry about this as this is something we will sort out on your behalf.
Contact us or call one of our helpful staff members on 0161 998 7138. They will be able to resolve this for you.
8. How much can I save?
Depending on the size of your business, the savings can be huge. Some are able to slash £1,000s off bills by annual costs. On average small businesses spend approximately £5,100 on electricity and £4,100 on gas per year..
One small office-based business in west London currently has an annual electricity bill of £3,100/year, due to rise to a hefty £3,500/year upon renewal with its current supplier. First, an online quote cut this down to £2,830/yr. Then, after hitting the phones, boom! A spot of haggling cut the cost to just £2,650/year – a whopping £850/year saved in just a few minutes.
UB Services always get a breakdown of unit rates and any standing charges. This makes it easy for us to compare what you’re being offered.
9. Can't I try and save money on my business energy by myself?
You can, but unfortunately to find the biggest savings you’re going to have to put in the legwork. This is a time consuming exercise which will take you away from your core business activities. Many of the comparison sites which say they’ll let you do a comparison online for business energy will actually only offer you an indicative quote and you’ll still have to call for a precise figure.
10. Can I get a fixed tariff?
Yes – in fact, it’s the norm. Typically you can get a one, two or three year fix, but it varies by supplier. Generally speaking longer fixed terms are more expensive, but they protect against future price rises. Some suppliers also offer variable rates, which are generally pricier, but they’re not as common as they are with domestic energy tariffs.
11. Should I go for a dual fuel tariff?
Trick question – you can’t. Unlike domestic energy, you don’t get business energy tariffs covering both gas and electricity, so you’ll have to get separate quotes. But before signing on the dotted line it’s always worth checking whether you can squeeze a further discount out of a provider ff you get both fuels with them.
12. What happens after I have signed a contract
There are three key things:
- Once you’ve signed a contract, there’s usually NO cooling-off period. So make sure you’re happy with the deal and read the full terms and conditions before committing. UB Services will take this headache away from you
- With all business energy deals, you’re locked into a contract. UB Services can look at ways to minimise the costs of renewing before the end of your contract.
- Many deals automatically renew after a certain period, potentially locking you into another contract. If so, then before your deal comes to an end, you’ll have a limited ‘renewal period’, typically between one and six months. ESH will ensure that the most appropriate and cost effective contract is secured for your business.